Saturday, October 27, 2012


Dear Coleicious,
 
Well, honey, what one thing did you learn this week?
    What were you most grateful for this week?
 
I think these questions should be asked of each of us each week.  This week I learned that I cannot do everything by myself.  I had to rely on lots of different people this week.  I tried things myself but then had to call in reinforcements.  Brother Taylor to fix plumbing, tow trucks and car repairmen, sisters to engineer plumbing connections and friends to complain to, and children that call to check on me. At one point Kimberli were in the bathroom, wet and laughing because we had just made three projects into even bigger messes needing "professional" help.
 
I am thankful for your dad this week.  The owner of Highway garage was helping me with my car situation and he called me at work about your dad.  He told me that Dad was well regarded in the auto body industry and they had a write up about his contributions in their newsletter.  He offered condolences, and took a little off my bill. Can you imagine what the consequences could have been if he had been unethical or mean?  Because of him, I can be proud of my name.  People are watching and making snap judgments about us all the time.  When people at work find out that I'm Mormon they bring up other LDS families in Aurora.  I'm thankful that they are people I am proud to be associated with.  Think about it......I'm also grateful for orthodontia.  I am a smile, people (at work) can't believe I'm still smiling through every weird thing that happens to me.  But, they don't know what we do, do they?  If I had yucky teeth I wouldn't be comfortable smiling all the time.  So thank you Dr. Pizza (my orthodontist) and my parents for paying the bill.  So, find something to be grateful for and share
 
Take care of your name!
Love, mom

No comments:

Post a Comment